Just one more day: Days 149-155


Day 149 – May 28, 2012

Memorial Day! After entertaining about fifteen guests last night, we enjoyed some down time today with Gary’s sister and husband who came for a short overnight visit. I got in some miles before the temps warmed up hotter than the first cup of coffee.

Total – 6 road miles

Day 150 – May 29, 2012

I think I am stuck in a 6-mile rut but that’s what I could handle (and not well) on a hot (90) and humid day. Ugh. I really don’t do heat all that well. Thank goodness for a pool to jump into!

Total – 6 road miles

Day 151 – May 30, 2012

It was well worth the six-mile drive to Bedford’s Falling Creek Park. I am really tired of running the same road routes and opted for the narrow, quiet trails in the park. It was peaceful and shaded, a gentle wind blowing. Lovely “me” time after sending off my final manuscripts to my publisher.

Total – 7.5 trail miles

Day 152 – May 31, 2012

What a great way to end May. I ran 16 miles of the MMTR to Hog Camp Gap and then jumped on the AT going south to make a big loop back to my car. 33 miles in all. I was very pleased with the run/hike expect for the last 4.1 miles…which were almost all up a big, ‘ol mountain! But I took care of the calories deficit on the way home with extra crispy fries and a BLT in Big Island.

Total – 33 gravel, forest road, and trail miles

Day 153 – June 1, 2012

Wow. June already. Time flies. After 33 in the mountains yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised with my little road run. I even made it up the two big hills without having to take a break. My quads are a little sore but not bad (Garmin said I had 11,000 of descent and 10,000+ of climb. I think that’s too much.) Still, everything worked fine once I started running.

Total – 6 road miles

Day 154 – June 2, 2012

It sure was a beautiful Saturday. So beautiful, in fact, that all the outside, heavy-duty, manual labor was calling my name all morning and into the afternoon. I should have known I wouldn’t feel much like running after that. I feel a little guilty running but four miles when I probably could have gotten in another long run…if I had been willing to not get any work done. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. It’s all about balance and the work side on out today.

Total – 4 road miles

Day 155 – June 3, 2012

Another beautiful day begged to be enjoyed in so many ways: A great time at church, a nap in my hammock swaying beneath the fruit-laden grape-vined trellis, and a run along country roads. Ahh….

Total – 7 road miles
Year-to-date – 1027 miles

Comments

AM said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
AM said…
wrote about you today... http://www.travelingalong.com/2012/06/run-dont-walk/
I just saw that! I am humbled.

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles