Just one more day: Days 198 - 204


Day 198 – July 16, 2012

After a reprieve from journaling my daily runs right before, during, and in the aftermath of the Tour de Virginia, I am back on track. Not that anyone had lost sleep over my absence. It’s just that this keeps me honest.

I’ve been running in the evenings for the last week after supper. It’s a nice way to end the day although the bugs at dusk has added a little protein to my diet. Tonight was a standard 6-miler that felt pretty good. I am running in INOV 233s, a lightweight road shoe, that I am loving!

Total – 6 road miles

Day 199 – July 17

This was an evening run with my team and it served to tell us all that we are NOT ready to run fast or hard yet. The distance was short but was comprised of short bursts either downhill (on the way out) or uphill, all the way back. Whew. We are out of shape for this kind of hill workout! Everyone was sucking wind.

Total – 2.5 gravel road miles

Day 200 – July 18, 2012

I love my evening runs followed by a cool-off in the pool. The only problem with runs near dusk is that I come back covered in bugs, inhaling a few along the way.

Total – 4 road miles

Day 201 – July 19, 2012

Another team practice but only 3 kids showed up! Ugh. Anyway, the first mile of trail was reminiscent of a few weeks ago n the AT. Lots of blow downs!  But after that, we enjoyed a romp on some very nice trail.

Total – 4.5 trail miles

Day 202 – July 20, 2012

Another evening run with the bugs, But, it’s a great way to end the day.

Total – 4 road miles

Day 203 – July 21, 2012

After a day of some work and some relaxation, I took to the back roads and enjoyed the sounds and scents of summer; fresh cut grass, cows, wild flowers blooming, and gravel crunching underfoot. A dip in the pool was a prefect ending.

Total – 5 road miles

Day 204 – July 22, 2012

A Sunday afternoon run was a hot and humid one. But it was a good way to spend a little down time.

Total – 6 road miles

Year-to date total: 1430 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles