Just One More Day: Days 72-78


Day 72 – March 12, 2012

An early morning trip to the airport and three flights took its toll on my day. I ended up in Wisconsin and on a treadmill in the exercise center. I enjoyed watching some Fox News on the attached TV monitor but was still amazed at how had it was to run relatively slow paces with no incline.

Total – 5 treadmill miles

Day 73 – March 13, 2012

Today required an early morning workout before I headed off to do my thing at the hospital. While the workout last night was hard, this morning sent me for a loop- and that’s not a good thing. I struggled to get in but four miles.

Total – 4 miles

Day 74 – March 14

It was hard to get out of bed four hours after I went to sleep. Not sure what the problem was but my mind refused to settle. All too soon the hotel wake-up call roused me. Groggy and bleary-eyed, I headed down the hallway, into the elevator, and out the front door. It was unseasonably warm (so I’m told) and a nice welcome to the run’s start. It was a follow-your-nose kind of run. Down the quiet streets of Madison, WI, around the capital building, lit up brilliantly against the still-dark sky, and along the banks of the river. Other than an occasional bicyclist or small group of ROTC runners, the clean streets were mine. It turned out to be a great start to the day.

Total – 4 road miles

Day 75 – March 15, 2012

Meeting with a few of my runners, we took to the trails for a relaxed jaunt through the woods. Being spring break week, most of my kids were on beach somewhere. Jealous. But the early spring day and warm temps, easy conversation, and easier pace made it a pleasant morning group run.

Total – 5 trail miles

Day 76 – March 16, 2012

I am so glad my running buddy, Deb Watkins, moved back to the ‘Burg. We took advantage of the mild day to hit Flat Top, Harkening Hill, and Sharp Top, making sure we had a little picnic between each of the three mountains. It was a really nice, relaxed run.

Total – 16 trail miles

Day 77 – March 17, 2012

With building and landscaping projects keeping me busy and on my feet all day long, I opted for a weany 1.5 miles. With 16 yesterday and another 17 or so tomorrow, I didn’t fell too guilty.

Total – 1.5 road miles

Day 78 – March 18, 2012

A Sunday after noon in the mountains with UltraBaby, Sarah Quigg. Loved showing her the parts of next week’s Terrapin Mt. 50K that she didn’t know. It was a lot of up and a lot of down and nothing much in between. So good to have my second girls-only long run this week

Total - 17.8

Year-to-date - Approx 468 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles