Just one more day: Days 170 - 176


Day 170 – June 18, 2012

Track camp. 45 kids ages 8 - 14. Interesting experience. But it was one of those days that some work-related issues popped up, distracting me from dusk to dawn. I convinced myself that since I was tapering for my big upcoming run, I would settle for the measly 2.5 miles I ran with the kids.

Total – 2.5 miles

Day 171 – June 19, 2012

I was proud of about 15 of my XC kids who showed up for a team run at 7:30 this morning. Shrouded in heavy fog, we ran trails before some of us headed off to track camp for another three hours.

Total – 5 trail and road miles

Day 172 – June 20, 2012

More track camp today. Managed to get all 45 kids up the mountain to the LU gazebo. Then ran with the distance kids for several more miles. They were troopers in the 90 plus degree heat!

Total – 5 trail miles

Day 173 – June 21, 2012

There’s nothing like a run with the team before three hours of track camp. I am excited to have some new cross country kids come out for these informal practices.

Total- 5 trail miles

Day 174 – June 22, 2012

With the end of track camp, I gathered two of my favorite young runners, Sarah (aka UltraBaby) and her sister, Abby. Off we headed for a hot an huid jaunt in the mountains. With my big 568-mile adventure looming in a short week, the number of miles were not important. Besides, since we didn’t start until almost 2 pm and had plans for the evening, we lacked time. So this was a run more for my head. Plus, I love chatting it up with these girls and those we saw on the trail. A great run was punctuated with the superb Big Island extra-crispy French fries. Hum!

Total – 11 trail miles

Day 175 – June 23, 2012

This particular Saturday was scheduled for work. 80 + people were expected at a swim party and cookout for our little church fellowship on Sunday. Hence, my run started at about 9:30 pm. I ran a little more than I anticipated; the night was warm and inviting and I was feeling able. This was a great way to end the day.

Total – 6 road miles

Day 176 – June 24, 2012

Pool party! People! Food! That meant a lot of work but fun as well. I settled for a quick 8:30 pm run down the road.

Total - 2 road miles
Year-to-date: 1155 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles