Hanging gardens

I really, really like to create. Sometimes it's because I have an adventurous side. Other times, it's because I'm cheap. But most of the time, it's a little bit of both.

Last year I put in a raised bed for a few vegetables. This year, after laying in bed and contemplating a number of ideas, I took myself to the local Lowes and started looking around for unique building materials. The Honda Civic station wagon with 224,000 + miles became loaded down with a treated and way-too heavy 4 x 4s, 2 x 4s, rain gutters, rope, and an assortment of hooks, fasteners, and brackets. Oh, and six bags of concrete mix, 40 pounds each.

Once home, it was hole-digging and post-planting time. One thing lead to another and before long (and with assistance only to help set the overhead beams), my hanging gardens of Bedford County took shape. Now, I am eagerly waiting the first harvest. Thought you might like to see the project in progress.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A view from the front (seat)

100 miles and a buckle

Still learning lessons after all those miles