Just another day: Days 114 - 120


Day 114 – April 23, 2012

On a cold and rainy day, practice was cancelled, leaving me to run country roads by myself. . .and loved every minute of the good run!

Total – 6 road miles

Day 115 – April 24, 2012

The practice schedule was a little messed up today when we needed to borrow a track across town. We enjoyed a 3.5 mile warmup through a beautiful part of town: tree-lined streets, stately homes, and manicured yards. After that, I was needed to time both sprinters and distance people. So for me, it was a short but sweet run.

Total – 3.5 road miles

Day 116 – April 25, 2012

What a wonderful way to start the day: in Horton’s truck and heading to the mark the Promise Land course. Fun, good running, beautiful scenery, and contributing to the ultrarunning community. Good stuff.

Total – 6 trail miles

Day 117 – April 26, 2012

The kids ran hard yesterday at a track meet. So today, it was Runner’s Choice. I took a group up on the trails at Chandlers Mountain, where we explored some trails in the direction opposite what we normally run. Things look a lot different! But what a great time!

Total – 5 trail miles

Day 118 – April 27, 2012

Off to the woods with my trekking poles in hand. Didn’t even trip myself once! I think I’m getting the hang of it. Trying to hike/run like I will be doing this summer for 14 days straight (32-46 miles a day.) I think me and my poles will become best friends.

Total – 15.5 trail miles

Day 119 – April 28, 2012

Will someone please kick me ext time I have a chance to run some miles at Promise Land with sweepers Sophie Speidel and Jennifer Nichols. I knew it wouldn’t be very long since I needed to go coach at a track meet. But had I run in the morning, I would not have had to figure out when to run later on when it was cold and driving rain. Stupid!

Total – 6 road miles

Day 120 – April 29, 2012

Unlike yesterday, it was crystal clear, sun shining, and about 70 degrees. I decided to put some tunes in my ears and get in some more miles. I normally don’t listen to music while running but it was perfect for a couple hours. With a variety of music, it kept me moving, thinking, and praying. I was very pleased with the pace, feeling strong.

Total – 15.6 miles

Year-to-date – 768 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles