Just one more day: Days 212-218


Day 212 – July 30, 2012

I guess today was a little better. My legs still feel dull and my energy could have been better.

Total – 6 road miles

Day 213 – July 31, 2012

Tonight was another small team practice. I am a little disappointed that so few kids are coming out for group runs. Nevertheless, we had a great time running trails. A few of the girls have really showed great improvement and will likely be running with the lead pack given a little more time.

Total – 4.5 trail miles

Day 214 – August 1, 2012

Time to leave for vacation! Before heading off to Gary’s sister’s place on the lake, I took to the roads. Maybe it was because yesterday was my last day of online high school teaching or maybe it was the promise of lazy days on the lake, but regardless, I felt strong as I ran along country roads.

Total – 6 road miles

Day 215 – August 2, 2012

Ah, a good sleep, coffee in the morning, and my first of many runs around the lake. With the humidity so high, it was a relief to be able to jump in the lake when I got back.

Total – 5.5 road miles

Day 216 – August 3, 2012

The route around the lake is a relentless sequence of rolling hills. High temps and humidity made it tough. But there is something about looking at water that makes it feel better.

A blood moon in the evening drew me out the door again for a second spin around the lake. I added a little extra.

Total – 11.5 road miles

Day 217 – August 4, 2012

Another vacation morning. Another run around the lake, but in the opposite direction. It was annoying that some road workers kept following me in their paving trucks. There’s nothing like struggling up a big hill with a steam roller chasing you.

Total – 6 miles

Day 218 – August 5, 2012

More running around the lake. I have been very happy that I have not walked a step on any of the hills since I’ve been here.

Total – 5.5 miles
Year-to-date: 1510 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles