Just one more day: Days 219-225


Grandpa, grandkids (minus Seth), and great grandkid

Day 219 – August 6, 2012

Today dawned a cloudy, a welcome relief from the hot sun. My run around the lake felt smooth and strong, despite the humidity. I explored a few extra road to make the run a little longer.

Total – 7 road miles

Day 220 – August 7, 2012

I’ve loved being at the lake with family enjoying lazy, hazy summer days. But alas, it’s time to go home. With the decision made, we left early, leaving me to run once we got home and organized. It was back to country roads. Nice, but I missed seeing the lake.

Total – 6 road miles

Day 221 – August 8, 2012

It was the first day of new teacher orientation followed by a “Words of Wisdom” women’s gathering to encourage two young ladies headed off for college. The tight schedule had me pulling into a dark parking lot at 10:15, heading off for a short campus run. Though humid, it was a quiet, relaxing time.

Total – 4 road miles

Day 222 – August 9, 2012

My team met me after school for another team run; a “follow the leader” run around campus. Run a little, stop and do exercises or run steps, and then run more. The miles were low but the workout effective.

Total – 3.5 road miles

Day 223 – August 10, 2012

This new teacher stuff is time consuming. I ended up being at school until 8:15 p.m, resigning myself to another very short run around campus before heading home.

Total – 2.5 miles

Day 224 – August 11, 2012

It’s Saturday and time for a long mountain run. But alas, it wasn’t possible. I spent all day in my room at school, cleaning and decorating from morning til later afternoon. Then it was home to mow grass and pull weeds. My road run came with dusk and lots of bugs.

Total – 4 road miles

Day 225 – August 12, 2012

What a beautiful day to worship, and what a beautiful evening for a run. The temps have moderated and the humidity has dropped. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. J

Total – 6 miles
Year-to-date: 1543

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles