Just one more day. Days 44-50


Day 44 – February 13, 2012

No practice today. Yeah. I love my team but even a dedicated coach needs a break. Besides, I am frantically preparing for a big consulting job this week.

Total – 6 road miles

Day 45 - February 14, 2012

I made a stop on the way to the market; the nearby park with new (to me) trails to explore. Time was limited but I will certainly return. Beautiful, single track created by a group of mountain bikers. Good stuff.

Total – 4.5 miles

Day 46 - February 15, 2012

There’s nothing like a “follow-your-nose” run in a new city. Having work in Bethesda, I took off down a busy street, delighted to find signs for “Georgetown Branch Trail” after about a mile. I followed it to the left, ending up in Silver Springs. The dirt and gravel path cut a quiet path through expensive neighborhoods, crossed high above a bold stream, occasionally crossing a road. By the time it was all over, I logged about 11 miles, arriving back at the hotel pleased with the miles and thankful for my run.

Total – 2 miles road, 9 miles gravel path

Day 47 – February 16, 2012

After doing professional teaching all day to a group of medical professionals, I was looking forward to visiting the trail that headed to the right. But alas, other responsibilities interfered and before I knew it, it was dark. I decided to ride the hotel elevator to the top floor and hit the treadmill. Bad idea. I forgot headphones, had nothing to watch and was relegated to listen to my feet scuffing along the moving track. It was torture. And what made it worse was the conservative pace seemed much more difficult than it should have been. Ugh. I put in my 10k and went and ate a burger, fries, and ice cream. YES I DID.

Total – 6.1 treadmill miles

Day 48 - February 17, 2012

Driving in the DC area makes me nervous. But not nervous enough to avoid a stop at IKEA on the way home from Bethesda. That put me getting home a bit later than expected so I cheated on the miles, getting in a quick run and returning home to a visiting son. I guess I should have gotten up early and run before I traveled.

Total – 4 road miles

Day 49 – February 18, 2012

My run had to wait. Our wood pile was vanishing and needed replenished. That meant cross-training by hauling logs out of the woods and splitting about a half a cord. Gary and I worked for several hours before I headed out for Falling Creek Park, a new found sweet system of single track trail. Running is a skirt, short sleeves, and enjoying the 60 degree weather, it was hard to believe a big snow storm was predicted to be in place in another 24 hours. Still, running with ear buds delivering a variety of music to encourage, motivate, and uplift, the time passed quickly.

Total – 13 trail miles

Day 50 - February 19, 2012

Let it snow! For the first time this year, I got to run in snow. I love the watching the world turn white. The only thing that could have been better is that I would have felt swift and deer-like. It was anything but. I felt old and tired. But, at least it was another day out there.

Total – 4 road miles
Year-to-date: 282 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles