Just one more day: Days 51-57


Day 51 - February 20, 2012

I love waking up and finding a white world outside my windows. The first snow storm of the season dropped about eight inches of heavy snow. The white stuff clung to branches like a child to its mother. The sun made tiny prisms out of the flakes, streaks of light darting across the fields. I was anxious to get out and run nearby trails. And so I did. . .but not until the snow was melting faster than an ice cube in a fire. Still, my footprints were the only ones out there. Good stuff.

Total – 5.5 trail miles

Day 52 - February 21, 2012

It wasn’t the practice I was hoping to have with my team. But a new girl showed up that required a bit more personal attention. New to running, I spent a good part of practice walking and talking with her. Sweet girl who has to start somewhere. I know she was embarrassed but did not wish her to be. I led her for 30 minutes and then resumed my run, looking for the other kids scattered around campus.

Total – 4 road miles

Day 53 - February 22, 2012

No team practice today so I was on my own. Hit my familiar 6 mile loop and actually felt much better than I have in a long time. Almost felt like I was running rather than slogging.

Total – 6 road miles

Day 54 - February 23, 2012

What a gorgeous day! Sunny and near 70. Doesn’t get much better than that. So off to the trails I went before practice, scoping out the route for my team. It’s one way to get s few miles but I was pooped at the end. I think I needed more calories. Horrible on the climbs!

Total – 11.4 trail miles

Day 55 - February 24, 2012

Best laid plans of mice and men. . .and ultrarunners. What I hoped to be a good 20 miler in the mountains was reduced in half. I can’t remember when I was so out of breath and puny-feeling. I drove back into town and scheduled a physical for Monday morning. I guess it was incentive to schedule what I’ve needed to do anyway.

Total – 9.2 trail miles

Day 56 - February 25, 2012

Still feeling puny so I sneeked a few trail miles. Just enough to say I ran. Check.

Total- 3.5 trail miles

Day 57 – February 26, 2012

A beautiful, sunny Sunday afternoon. About 48 degrees and just right for a short run down our country roads. Felt a little better than the last couple of days.

Total – 4 miles
Year-to-date- 325.6 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles