Just one more day: Days 135 - 141



Day 135 – May 14, 2012

The team and I took a short run on the way to the track before doing the last hard workout of the season. Well, they did the hard workout. I just ran laps in their recovery periods.

Total – 5.5 road and track miles

Day 136 – May 15, 2012

This was basically a rest day for me. A few lowly miles with the team.

Total – 2.5 miles on gravel roads

Day 137 – May 16, 2012

As a team, we ran incorporated two half-mile pick-ups within the context of an easy 4 mile run. Short and simple with the state meet coming up on Saturday.

Total – 4 road and gravel miles

Day 138 – May 17, 2012

The country roads called my name with sunny skies and a gentle breeze.

Total – 9.0 miles

Day 139 – May 18, 2012

I was glad to get to the mountains today but was reminded what the heavy rains (up to 9 inches) of earlier this week can do to trails. Many were a mess, some were terribly overgrown, and the streams turned into rushing torrents! I had wanted to get in a few more miles but time was short and I had to get to practice and then meet friends for dinner at their home. By the time I got home, I was worn out.

Total – 24.2 trail miles

Day 140 – May 19, 2012

This was the closest I’ve come to missing a run. I got up at 6 AM, spent the day with the team at the state track meet, and got back to the school at 11:15 PM. After cleaning things out of the bus and loading up the car, I slipped into my shoes and went for a quick spin around campus. It actually felt great to run alone in the dark. I was pleased to feel quick and light despite the mileage the day before. So glad I didn’t weenie out by not running.

Total – 2 road miles

Day 141 – May 20, 2012

I really thought I would run two miles and call it a day. I was really tired from a couple whirlwind days. But I decided on my standard six-miler and ended up licking flowers along the way! It was a nice way to end the week although I have to say, the few cars that passed by did a double-take at a runner carrying a bouquet down the road.

Total – 6 miles

Year-to-date: 922 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles