Just One More Day: Days 142 - 148


Day 142 – May 21, 2012

Whew. Track is finally over. I’ve enjoyed coaching but ten months straight is a lot. Now, I have some freedom to run on my own and according to my schedule. With that in mind, I ran country roads, enjoying the warm, sunny afternoon. The sky was a brilliant blue with white and silver clouds silhouetted against the canvas. Beautiful!

Total – 7 road miles

Day 143 – May 22, 2012

Sometimes it’s hard to get in the car to drive somewhere to run. So it was out the door and down the road today before working with the chipper to make more mulch for my flower beds.

Total – 6 road miles

Day 144 – May 23, 2012

Summer cold, go away! Out of nowhere, I started the stuffy, sniffy, low-grade fever thing last night and felt rotten all day today. I was tempted to do a one or two miler but once I started, I could breath much better. My run turned out to be a standard 6-miler that felt comfortable---expect when I saw a cat, being chased by a dog, get thumped by an oncoming car. Not nice. The car won that battle.

Total – 6 road miles

Day 145 – May 24, 2012

Wow. This cold has put a hurt’n on me. Fever, chills, achy head and chest congestion. Not good. I managed two miles but called it a day. I am feeling really wrung out. Hope it doesn’t last too long.

Total – 2 road  miles

Day 146 – May 25, 2012

Well, I sure don’t feel much better. This was supposed to be my long run in the mountains but even my fingers ache. So it was a real commitment to head down the road. I figured it would be two and no more. It was just two but the run took on a whole new meaning when I met a new neighbor and chatted for about twenty minutes. This was a God-ordained run!

Total – 2 road miles

Day 147 – May 26, 2012

I wasn’t sure how I felt when I woke up but I sure hoped it would better than the last two days. It was. I was able to tackle a number of outdoor tasks and was pleased with my progress. So much so that I thought about sneaking off to the mountains in the afternoon. Boy, am I glad I didn’t! When I headed down the road, my chest was very heavy and my energy low. The jostling made me hack up gross stuff, which I presume is good. But it sure makes a run difficult. Perhaps I’ll be able to make up my missed long run on Monday, Memorial Day.

Total – 6 miles

Day 148 – May 27, 2012

This warm Sunday was going to be a busy day. Church in the morning and house guests all afternoon, evening, and some for overnight. I knew it would be best to get up early and knock out a few miles before church. Besides, I hardly wanted to run when it was sunny and 90 degrees! I was glad to feel much better than earlier in the week even though I still have some chest congestion. I will have to figure out a way to make up for my missed long run in this coming week.

Total – Total 7 miles

Year-to-date: 958 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 miles and a buckle

A view from the front (seat)

Still learning lessons after all those miles